WAR Running Club is the newest and fastest growing running club in the area! We want every runner to enjoy the sport of running as much as we do! We are a community based running club for all ages and abilities. Walkers more than welcomed! Ego-free and Drama-free Running Club! Come for the exercise and fitness but stay for the fun runs and social events like pub runs, XMAS runs, and much more! We are focusing on cities surrounding Whittier such as La Mirada, La Habra, Fullerton, Buena Park, Santa Fe Springs, Pico Rivera, Norwalk, Hacienda Heights, Rowland Heights, but we can work with any runners that wants to join the WAR effort!
What do we offer:
- A growing network of runners/walkers of all ages and abilities
- Team T-shirts, uniforms canopies etc to attend local 5Ks to Marathons in style
- Fun social events to make running more than just exercise but a way of life!
- Optional personalized training if you so desire
- Group runs throughout the week for different levels so all can enjoy our sport!
- A constant feed of information on this website of running knowledge to help keep you healthy and motivated
- Friendships to last a life time!
- Those just getting started we can help you get a walk/jog program going
- Our very own WAR Rules of Engagement (click on link) to make sure all are welcomed and enjoy the journey that is fitness and running
Club Group Runs: (Saturday for now; Weds in the future as well)
- Meet Saturday at 6:30 AM
- Meet at Cal High (9800 Mills Ave, Whittier CA 90604) in the Mills Parking lot the smaller of the 2 parking lots
- Run will head to the start of the Greenway Trail heading east (trail is just 1/4 mile or less from Cal high)
- Run will depart at 6:45 SHARP to respect your time to get back to your family and responsibilities
- Routes will be setup for 3 miles, 5 miles , and 7 miles - You can always go longer on your own or find a partner from the club to go with you
- Some Free WAR T-shirts will be raffled out at the first few group runs so arrive at 6:30 for the raffle before the run